Are you are looking for a great career opportunity with a solid, stable, growing company?
Storm Smart is one of the largest manufacturers of storm protection products in the Americas. We have a long list of accomplishments including being recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately-held corporations in North America.
Since our start in 1996, we have helped more than 80,000 homeowners increase the value of their property by making their homes both safer from storms and more energy efficient. We continue to revolutionize the storm protection industry powered by the most talented people with unwavering drive to be the best.
We are currently looking to add an accounting professional to our growing accounting team. The ideal candidate for this new position should have three (3) years of accounting experience in a high-volume corporate professional setting and have strong attention to detail with the ability to think critically and resolve paperwork issues.
Because we believe in our workforce, we offer training, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Health insurance: support yourself and your family with company subsidized medical coverage and benefits along with dental, vision, prescription drug coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Two weeks of paid time off
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 per hour paid weekly
- Supports daily and critical aspects of accounting; general ledger through financial statements
- Maintains and prepare schedules tracking various costs to support monthly journal entries and ensure accurate account balances each month
- Understands multiple internal areas including billing, job costing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and payroll
- Processes customer credit card payments and ensure payments are accurately posted in accounts receivable
- Suggests process improvements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience in accounting
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or current accounting software
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough
- Ability to work in a positive manner with other associates and develop and maintain strong working relationships across teams and disciplines