Are you are looking for a great career opportunity with a solid, stable, growing company?
Storm Smart is one of the largest manufacturers of storm protection products in the Americas. We have a long list of accomplishments including being recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately-held corporations in North America.
Since our start in 1996, we have helped more than 80,000 homeowners increase the value of their property by making their homes both safer from storms and more energy efficient. We continue to revolutionize the storm protection industry powered by the most talented people with unwavering drive to be the best.
We are currently looking to add an administrative professional to join our team as a permitting team. The ideal candidate for this position must have an interest in both contributing to growing the company as well as their personal careers as our growth facilitates several advancement opportunities.
Apply online (if no resume you can still apply at stormsmart.com/careers/ just tell us about your experience and work history and provide your contact information)
Because we believe in our workforce, we offer training, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Health insurance: support yourself and your family with company subsidized medical coverage and benefits along with dental, vision, prescription drug coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Two weeks of paid time off
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Salary: $11.50 to $20.00 per hour paid weekly
- Compiles and submit permit applications and required documentation to obtain zoning, building and electrical permit approvals from local jurisdictions
- Develops and maintain positive relationships with building departments and officials within those departments as the liaison between Storm Smart and the building department
- Knows and understand local building codes as they pertain to our products
- Tracks tasks in Microsoft office, Salesforce project tracker and spreadsheets
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Building industry experience is desired but not a requirement
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce and ability to learn new software
- State of Florida Notary Public or interest in becoming one
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough
- Ability to work in a positive manner with other associates and develop and maintain strong working relationships across teams and disciplines