PGT Impact Resistant Windows & Doors
PGT® WinGuard® Impact-Resistant Windows are one of the most sophisticated and trusted windows available. WinGuard windows are perfect for homes and commercial properties in new construction or as part of an improvement project. Let Storm Smart Industries install PGT WinGuard impact resistant windows to add an aesthetically pleasing touch, continuous protection and peace-of-mind.
- All PGT® products available, both impact resistant and non-impact resistant
- Impact Windows combine heavy-duty frames with impact-resistant glass
- Impact Windows are available in a variety of styles, sizes and tints for all your windows and doors
- An Impact Window enhances energy efficiency, noise reduction, security and sun protection
- Impact Windows are easy maintenance, and easy exit in case of emergency
A Complete Product Line
The full line of windows and doors includes single hung windows, horizontal roller windows, casement/projected windows, picture and architectural windows, sliding glass and French doors. Design options include colonial and Brittany styles with optional muntins.
Choose from vinyl or heavy duty extruded aluminum painted with an electrostatic paint for a low maintenance finish. A minimum frame depth of 2 3/4 inches on windows and 5 1/8 inches on sliding glass doors, with a minimal nominal wall thickness of .062 aids the system in withstanding strong winds. Molded nylon anti-friction sash guides assure a smooth operation.
All windows and doors are exterior glazed with silicone for greater strength and seal. Additionally, the windows and sliding glass doors have a structural extruded aluminum glazing bead for stronger resistance to high wind loads. Insulated windows and doors are available in impact and non-impact lines.
Fully weather stripped with fin seal polyester pile and/or vinyl bulb prevents water intrusion.
Many options for tint include gray, green, bronze, obscure (textured glass for enhanced privacy), low-E, and white interlayer (opaque interlay for enhanced privacy).
- Meets or exceeds all AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S.2-97 specifications
- Passes ASTM E987 for deglazing
- Passes ASTM E547/E331 for water resistance
- Passes ASTM E283 for air infiltration
- Operable windows pass AAMA 1302.5 and doors pass AAM 1303.5 for forced entry resistance
- Meets protocols PA/TAS 201, 202 and 203
Frequently Asked Questions
Results are already adding up. Americans, with the help of ENERGY STAR, saved enough energy in 2007 alone to avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 27 million cars — all while saving $16 billion on their utility bills.
The R-value is the resistance a material has to the flow of heat. The higher the R-value, the greater the resistance.
The U-value is the amount of heat that is transferred through a material. The lower the U-value, the better the insulating quality.
- Every product we offer is custom-made to order, sized to fit your project perfectly with options that perform for your customers’ needs.
- Serving as a one stop shop is crucial; we have a complete line of new construction and replacement products available in impact and non-impact
options with aluminum and vinyl frames. We also serve the commercial market with our Architectural Systems product line.
- Our stellar 99% on time delivery record means projects stay on schedule!
- Our innovation is unmatched. With Energy Star compliant configurations and product components such as the best performing warm edge spacer, we’re committed to making a great window with great performance. We’ve offered Laminated Insulating Glass for over 5 years. Heat-reducing glass tints and hi-performance low-E selections reduce energy bills and protect furnishings, draperies and artwork from fading. Your energy bill decreases, which translates to less Carbon Dioxide emissions from the generation of electric power, thus your environmental impact is reduced!
- WinGuard is the nation’s most popular brand of impact-resistant windows and doors. It didn’t just happen overnight, PGT has the most NOAs than any other manufacturer of impact-resistant windows and doors. In-fact we have been intimately involved in the testing standards for Miami-Dade County since their inception after Hurricane Andrew devastated Florida in 1992.
- WinGuard has been used on over 2 million installations! And throughout the storm seasons of 2004-2005, there have been zero reported failures! We have tested our products at much larger sizes than most manufacturers…that means when we sell a window or door, we’re assured that it will perform, no guessing games here. And the same technology that protects you from hurricane debris proves to be a formidable challenge to intruders.
By purchasing locally made products, you encourage a healthy economy in which you live, and a nation in which you trust. We’re proud to be a local Florida Company with a quality American manufactured product.
If you would like to learn more about this or any other hurricane protection product, please allow us to schedule a free consultation at your convenience. Once you talk to the experts, your decision will be easy.